Facilitator – Permanent, Full Time
MARCH 22, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-027
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Facilitator to join our Sources Empowered for Employment team! This individual must be able to: work with multi-barriered clients and have excellent workshop facilitation skills in groups or one-to-one; be flexible to perform a variety of duties.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George and Parksville for over 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
SOURCES Empowered for Employment Services
Empowered for Employment Services provide comprehensive supports to multi-barriered clients, survivors of violence and/or abuse, mature adults who are 55+, persons with disabilities, people at risk of or experiencing homelessness who want to make positive changes in their lives and prepare for successful transition to employment.
- · Develop curriculum and facilitate Career Planning, Life Skills and Job Search workshops.
- · Facilitate in-house and online workshops using platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Skype,
- · to assist clients facing multiple barriers in making positive changes moving towards employment.
- · Knowledge of group dynamics and the ability to facilitate workshops with individuals of various backgrounds.
- · Provide one on one support and coaching to clients as necessary.
- · Ensure workshop materials and delivery methods are tailored to meet clients’ learning styles and needs; continually revise, update and implement new approaches to produce more positive outcomes.
- · Maintain accurate documentation of all client communication, activities and outcomes in Sharevision and electronic files.
- · Retain client, service and statistical data as required by the funder and SOURCES.
- · Raise awareness of Empowered for Employment services and build connections in the community. Conduct all activities related to client recruitment such as presentations, marketing and intakes.
- · Sustain collaborative relationships with all Empowered for Employment staff and other referral sources; assess and monitor client progress to support successful outcome.
- · Provide ongoing support and monitor client progress; follow up with clients where necessary or as determined in their service plans.
- · Minimum 3 years’ experience facilitation/teaching experience.
- · An undergraduate degree in a related field or considerable experience and training (Social Service Worker diploma, Career Development Practitioner Certificate, Provincial Instructor’s Diploma, Job Club Leadership Certificate, Life Skills Certificate) in the employment/career development field. CCDP designation preferred.
- · Curriculum development, workshop design, lesson planning and delivery pertaining to life skills, job search, and career exploration.
- · Able to maintain up to date knowledge and development of tools and resources, including online delivery formats, to meet the unique needs of clients.
- · Ability to market Empowered for Employment services, recruit clients and liaise with other community partners to raise awareness.
- · Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office, Internet usage, Zoom, Microsoft Teams.
- · Self-motivated, adaptable and flexible with the ability to multi-task, take initiative, work independently under pressure, work effectively in a team environment, exercising good judgment in a continually changing and demanding working situation.
- · Clean Criminal Record Check.
- · Completion of Privacy and Information Sharing Training.
Start Date: April 5, 2021
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: When the position is filled, internal candidates will be contacted by March 29, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.