Intake Worker – Permanent, Full Time
March 29, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-035
Position: Intake Worker – Permanent Fulltime
Location: Sources Legal Resource Center (Newton)
Hours: 35 hrs/week
We are looking for an Intake Worker to join our Sources Legal Resource Centre. This individual must have excellent communication skills, be a team player and passionate about social justice issues.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
About Sources Legal Resource Centre
Sources Legal Resources Centre provides free information, referrals, and advocacy services to individuals navigating through various legal systems. Our services include:
Poverty Law Advocacy: Individuals can obtain advocacy services as it relates to income assistance, provincial disability benefits, federal income security programs including CPP disability benefits, tenancy, employment insurance, and debt matters. Advocates can provide information, referrals, form completion, and preparation/representation for related hearings and tribunals.
Mental Health Consumer Advocacy: Self identifying mental health consumers can obtain advocacy services as it relates to income assistance, provincial disability benefits, federal income security programs including CPP disability benefits, and tenancy matters. Advocates can provide information, referrals, form completion, and preparation/representation for related hearings and tribunals.
Disability Support Advocacy: Individuals can obtain advocacy services as it relates to income assistance, provincial disability benefits, federal income security programs including CPP disability benefits, and applying for any allowances or other disability related benefits. Advocates can provide information, referrals, form completion, and preparation/representation for related hearings and tribunals.
Family Law Advocacy: Individuals can obtain advocacy services as it pertains to their family law matter. Advocates support individuals navigating the family justice system by providing information, referrals, assistance with court forms and court preparation for Provincial and Supreme Court matters.
- · Answer incoming calls and requests for service from the public. Complete intake screening to determine eligibility to programs and services.
- · Provide appropriate information, support and internal/external referrals.
- · Manage all front-end services including opening and closing; pick up mail; security related issues; scheduling front desk coverage; training of students and volunteers on front desk services and other related duties.
- · Provide administrative support by maintaining a database, distributing client surveys, and other related duties as required.
- · Post-secondary education in Criminology, Psychology, Sociology or equivalent education/training in related social service program.
- · Understanding of advocacy, knowledge about provincial and federal income supports programs and tenancy an asset.
- · Excellent interpersonal communicational skills including public relations, oral and written skills.
- · Exercise good judgment, sensitive to a diverse client base and ability to deal diplomatically with sensitive client issues; strong sense of social justice and strong desire to assist and improve the lives of marginalized people.
- · Self-motivated with well-developed planning, organizing, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- · Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment, includes contributing in a cooperative way to the teamwork environment and upholding the professional code of ethics.
- · Excellent administrative skills including the operation of multi-line switchboard, computer, office equipment. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- · Exceptional knowledge of community resources and internet and research skills to research services for referral.
- · Must have valid BC Driver’s license and own vehicle to use for work.
- · Fluency in a second language an asset.
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: April 9, 2021. Internal candidates will be contacted by April 12, 2021.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Gurjit Pawar, Legal Advocacy Program Manager at email@example.com. Thank you.