Residential Care Worker – Casual
MARCH 29, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-036
Position: Residential Care Worker, Casual Hours
Location: Primrose Centre, Ladner
Hours: Casual hours: AM/PM/Overnight
We are looking for a Residential Care Worker to join our Sources Primrose Centre team! This individual must be Self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Primrose Centre
To provide care and advocacy for five adults with developmental disabilities in a day program and residential setting. Assist with personal care and hygiene, meal prep, housekeeping, laundry, transportation, medical appointments as well as behavioural and emotional support.
- To develop a supportive rapport with clients in service while providing interest, empathy, and encouragement while working on their personal goals
- To teach functional life skills for daily living
- To be competent with teaching and using augmentative visual communication tools such as pictures, PECS, sign language, etc.
- To be comfortable with providing personal care for clients
- To be competent with designing and overseeing client programming
- To be competent and punctual with data entry and analysis such as through log entries and report writing
- To be able to transport clients in the community using program vehicles
- To be comfortable with supporting clients exhibiting risk behaviours
- · Minimum of 3 months experience working with people with developmental disabilities.
- · Grade 12 diploma appropriate post secondary education, preferably in behavior sciences, social work, child and youth care or community social service or equivalent.
- · Standard First Aid (WE WILL PAY FIRST AID TRAINING COSTS if required)
- · All employment requirements (NCI Training, criminal record check, proof of SIN, immunization form, Class 5 Driver’s License) must be valid and current by agency-set deadlines or your application will not be considered
- · Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- · Ability to use a word processor (Word for Windows) to produce objective written data and reports
- · Participate fully in swimming, skating, biking, sports, and a wide variety of recreation and leisure activities
- · Experience working with adults with Autism/PDD and/or clients with possible physical aggression, including effective responses to such behaviour
- · Able to actively contribute to and follow safety, behaviour management, support plans, and instill consistency and stability in a home environment
- · Familiar with adult rights and responsibilities
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Grid 10, Level 1 $21.63
Closing Date: April 12, 2021. Internal candidates will be contacted by April 13, 2021.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Kevin Reid, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.