Residential Care Worker – Temporary, Full Time
MARCH 23, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-031
Position: Residential Care Worker – Temporary Full-time (end date contingent upon return of employee)
Location: Georgia House
Hours: 8:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday
We are looking for a Residential Care Worker to join our Sources Community Living Residential team! This individual must be reliable, flexible and possess a strong interpersonal skill.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Community Living Residential Programs
Sources Community Living provides all-encompassing care for residents who have been referred to us by Community Living British Columbia. We are a COA accredited non-profit agency and are licensed by Fraser Health Community Care. Georgia House is one of Sources many community living programs that provide residence with a Community Inclusion component to adults with developmental disabilities and/or autism who require assistance in their day to day lives. Our mission is to enable the pursuit of the best quality of life possible for residents. We do this by fostering independence, well-being and social participation and our Residential Care Workers play a vital role in this development.
- To develop a supportive rapport with clients and actively seek out new opportunities for clients as related to their specific goals and objectives
- To teach and assist clients in all aspects of daily living, personal care and communication supports
- To be comfortable supporting clients exhibiting risk behaviours
- To transport clients in the community using program vehicle
- To be comfortable with providing personal care for clients
- To be competent with data entry, report writing, log notes
- To liaise with client stakeholders including family member, community and professionals
- · A minimum 2 years of post-secondary education (preferably in social sciences)
- · A minimum of 2 years working experience in the community living sector
- · Or a combination of the above
- · Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- · Strong working knowledge with positive behavior support strategies as well as general knowledge of the community living population.
- · Must be in fit enough physical condition to directly support clients in service as well as confident and competent in managing clients in crisis exhibiting physical risk behaviours.
- · High competence level in clear and concise verbal and written communication
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $21.63-25.19 as per CUPE wage grid 10
Benefits (if applicable):
· As per CUPE collective agreement
Closing Date: April 5, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Christine Conlin, Manager of Residential Services email@example.com Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.