Case Manager/Facilitator – Temporary, Full Time
APRIL 1, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-037
Position: Case Manager/ Facilitator – Permanent Full-Time 1 year
Location: Newton Resource Centre
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm, 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Case Manager / Facilitator to join our Sources Peering into Employment team! This individual must be compassionate, assertive, and a team player.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Newton Resource Centre
The Newton Resource Centre offers a variety of services for individuals who a living in poverty including those who are homeless. These programs focus on supporting individuals to obtain and maintain essential income and living resources including income assistance, other government benefits, and affordable rental housing. Our Housing Support Services assist individuals who are homeless and at imminent risk of homelessness. This team works collaboratively to address the unique and complex needs of each individual as well as works in partnership with other service providers in the community to address the needs of this target population.
- · Assists homeless individuals to obtain permanent housing.
- · Assist these individuals by facilitating employment.
- · Provide additional supports to ensure success in housing and employment.
- · Provide written communication on behalf of client, accompaniment to meeting, suite viewings, job trainings, interviews, and other stabilization advancement appointments to ensure follow-through occurs.
- · Assist to access other income supports and addressing other housing related barriers, as appropriate.
- · Promotes relationships with program, partners, community, other human serving organizations, and general public.
- · Attends to administrative and reporting requirements.
- · Minimum 2 years’ post-secondary education or equivalent experience in a related field
- · Awareness of poverty and homelessness related issues
- · Knowledge of local community resources
- · Vehicle, valid class 5 driver’s license and clean driving abstract
Start Date: ASAP until March 31, 2022
Closing Date: April 9, 2021 Internal candidates will be contacted by April 9, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jay Blaschuk, Housing Support Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.