Child & Youth Worker/Behaviour Consultant – Permanent, Full Time
22JUNE 2, 2021 | EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-061
Position: Child and Youth Worker/Behaviour Consultant
Location: Fort Nelson, BC
Hours: 35 hours/week
Come join the dynamic and groundbreaking team at Sources North! We are looking for a Child and Youth Worker/Behaviour Consultant to join our Behaviour Intervention and Mental Health team. The successful candidate will be trained to use the principles of positive behaviour support and Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) to support families and children with neurodevelopmental disorders and behaviour challenges. They will work as a part of an interdisciplinary team, under the direct mentorship and supervision of a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (can be used towards certification hours).
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At SOURCES we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
About the Behaviour Intervention and Mental Health Program
The Sources Behaviour Intervention and Mental Health program is a community-based outreach service that offers one-on-one intervention to children and youth aged 6-18. Clients are referred by the Ministry of Children and Family Development. Staff in this program assist clients in meeting goals such as:
- · Connecting and collaborating with schools, families, and other community supports
- · Skill-building (social skills, life skills, anger management, problem solving, self-regulation)
- · Assisting in gradual exposure for anxiety and depression
- · Helping with transitions to independent living
- · Mentoring and modeling positive behaviour
About Positive Behaviour Support and ABA
Positive Behaviour Support is a planned approach to preventing or reducing challenging behaviours; the approach positively addresses socially significant behaviours to increase quality of life for clients. ABA is a group of intervention strategies that are often used as a part of a Positive Behaviour Support approach to teach, modify, or prevent skills. Our approach combines the science of behaviour, information about clients’ physical and mental health, and person-centered values.
- · Provide intervention for youth with mental health challenges and/or developmental disabilities.
- · Support client goals as directed by the referring Mental Health Clinician. Goals may include socialization, symptom reduction and skill development.
- · Assist in conducting functional Behavioural assessments and monitor support strategies for families of children with developmental disabilities.
- · Develop, teach, and demonstrate the strategies of positive behaviour support plans.
- · Case management and report writing.
- · Contribute to a strong team environment.
- · Some administration duties are required.
- · Bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Psychology, Behavioural Sciences, Social Work, or another related field.
- · Minimum 2 years’ experience working with children and families, supporting people with behaviour challenges, or other related experience.
- · A combination of education and relevant experience may be considered.
- · Candidates who live in Fort Nelson are preferred; candidates who live in other Northeast BC communities (ie. Dawson Creek, Fort St John) may be considered.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- · Criminal record check required.
- · Familiar and comfortable working with Microsoft Office products.
- · Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: June 22, 2021
Internal candidates will be contacted by: June 23, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.