Residential Care Worker – Casual
COMPETITION NO. 21-071
Position: Residential Community Support Worker – Relief/Casual
Location: Stayte House – White Rock South Surrey Area
Hours: Must be available to work a variety of shifts including overnights
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP.
We are looking for a Residential Care Worker to join our Sources Stayte House Team. This individual must be reliable, flexible and possess strong interpersonal skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources – Stayte House
Stayte House provides a home to four adults with developmental disabilities and/or autism who require assistance in their day to day lives. Our talented and experienced team assist the residents in all aspects of daily living to ensure they have a good quality of life. Our model at Stayte House is to provide the residents with person-centred planning in a supportive home-like environment that fosters independence, choice, and social participation.
- to develop a supportive rapport with clients and actively seek out new opportunities for clients as related to their specific goals and objectives
- to teach and assist clients in all aspects of daily living, personal care and communication supports
- to support clients in the community using program vehicle
- to be comfortable with providing personal care for clients
- to be competent with data entry, report writing and log notes
- to liaise with client stakeholders, including family members, community, professionals
- a minimum 2 years of post-secondary education (preferably in Social Sciences)
- a minimum of 2 years working experience in the community living sector
- or a combination of the above
- ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- strong working knowledge with positive behaviour support strategies as well as general knowledge of the community living populations
- must be in fit enough physical condition to directly support clients in service as well as confident and competent in managing clients in crisis exhibiting physical risk
- high competence level in clear and concise verbal and written communication
- driver’s license is required
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hourly Rate: $21.63 (per wage grid 10)
Closing Date: August 15, 2021 – Internal candidates will be contacted by August 17, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com