Benefits Advocate – Temporary, On Call
AUGUST 17, 2021| EXTERNAL and INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-077
Position: Benefits Advocate – Temporary, On Call
Location: Newton Resource Center
We are looking for a Benefits Advocate to join our Sources Advocacy Programs team! This individual must be eager, motivated, and organised!
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Newton Resource Centre
The Newton Resource Centre offers a variety of services for individuals who a living in poverty including those who are homeless. These programs focus on supporting individuals to obtain and maintain essential income and living resources including income assistance, other government benefits, and affordable rental housing. Our Housing Support Services assist individuals who are homeless and at imminent risk of homelessness. This team works collaboratively to address the unique and complex needs of each individual as well as works in partnership with other service providers in the community to address the needs of this target population.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
This position requires an experienced individual to provide comprehensive housing loss prevention and legal advocacy services in the areas of income assistance, provincial disability benefits, residential tenancy, and federal income security programs. The worker will provide support, information, and referral, written communications on behalf of the client; mediates and negotiates with government agencies and landlords.
- · Minimum 2 years’ post-secondary education or equivalent experience in a related field
- · Awareness of poverty and homelessness related issues
- · Excellent interpersonal communication skills including public relations, oral and written skills as well as public speaking ability
- · Exercise good judgment and the ability to negotiate and mediate on behalf of clients with government agencies and landlords.
- · The ability to function in independently and under pressure and effectively manage crisis, emergency situations and challenging clients
- · Work from a client service and solution focused approach
- · Ability to read, understand and interpret applicable legislation and an awareness of government processes and procedures required.
- · Knowledge of local community resources
- · Vehicle, valid class 5 driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- · Criminal Record check required
START DATE: ASAP
Closing Date: August 25, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Tatiana Belyaeva (Manager, Advocacy services) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.