Communications and Donor Coordinator – Temporary Full-Time
COMPETITION NO. 21-073
Position: Communications and Donor Services Coordinator – Temporary Full-Time (6 months)
Location: Sources Foundation Office (202 – 15252 32 Avenue, Surrey, BC)
Hours: Up to 35 hours/week (Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm). Must be flexible and willing to work outside regular hours to meet program objectives.
We are looking for a Communications and Donor Services Coordinator to join our growing Sources Communications and Fund Development team! This individual must be organized, creative, collaborative, and able to thrive in a deadline-driven, multi-priority environment.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement and hope for individuals and families throughout the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island and Northern BC for more than 40 years. We serve more than 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
The Sources Foundation works with the community to raise funds to support the work of Sources Community Resources Society. Since 1992, fundraising efforts and bequests as well as corporate and individual donations have helped to fund the Society’s programs which do not receive government funding and establish a legacy fund to ensure vital community services will be there for future generations.
Sources Communications and Fund Development
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the communications and fund development team provides skillful, strategic support to Sources programs and fundraising initiatives with the goal of promoting our services, raising more money to support those services and growing relationships with community. From crafting media releases to marketing copy, creating graphics to designing brochures, connecting with vendors to stewarding donors and much more, we get a lot done – and have a lot of fun – from our South Surrey headquarters.
· Work with the internal team and external partners to develop multimedia content (e.g. blog and social media posts, photos, videos) about Sources clients, donors, volunteers, staff and others
· Provide communications, branding and marketing support for Sources programs and events
· Produce Sources’ internal and external newsletters
· Assist with updating the Sources websites
· Monitor online and news media for topics, articles and opportunities relevant to Sources
· Track and analyze data, prepare reports and recommend improvements
· Other related duties as required
· Maintain the donor and contacts database to ensure records are up to date and properly formatted
· Oversee the use of online donation platforms and works with the Finance and Administration teams to ensure receipts and acknowledgement letters are issued accurately and on time
· Assist with developing fundraising messages, materials and resources
· Support the planning, promotion and implementation of internal and external fundraising events and activities
· Other related duties as required
· A clear and concise communicator (written and verbal) who is able to craft compelling stories and tailor them for a variety of platforms and audiences
· Proven ability to exercise tact and good judgment in dealing with various stakeholders
· Proven ability to handle large volumes of confidential information appropriately
· Experience with online donor management systems (DonorPerfect preferred) and donation platforms
· Talent and passion for donor relations, public relations and/or customer service
· Excellent attention to detail along with exceptional proofreading and analytical skills
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· A responsible self-starter and team player who can give and receive constructive feedback
· Familiarity with Windows OS, Microsoft Office 365, WordPress, Constant Contact, Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
· Skilled in taking and editing photos and videos
· Knowledge of CASL, CRA and privacy legislation as it relates to communications and donations
· Community awareness and interest, especially in the non-profit & social services sectors
· Degree or certificate in communications, fundraising or related post-secondary program along with two or more years of recent and relevant work experience
· Successful criminal record check
· Unrestricted Class 5 B.C. Driver’s license and use of personal vehicle
Start Date: ASAP
Benefits (if applicable):
· 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
· Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
· Employee & Family Assistance plan
· Pension plan
· Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: September 6, 2021, internal candidates will be contacted by August 27, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter, resume and two relevant multimedia writing samples (or link to portfolio) to Tiffany Poon, Manager of Charitable Partnerships/Communications, email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.