Program Coordinator – Temporary, Full Time
AUGUST 30, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-081
Position: Program Coordinator, Temporary Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week – based on the needs of the program: combination of daytime, evening and weekends.
We are looking for a Program Coordinator to join our Sources Primrose Centre team! This individual must be organized, possess strong interpersonal skills, and be confident and competent in leading and directing others.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP
This is a change to an existing Primrose position and not an additional position
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Primrose Centre
- To provide care and advocacy for five adults with developmental disabilities in a day program and residential setting. Assist with personal care and hygiene, meal prep, housekeeping, laundry, transportation, medical appointments as well as behavioural and emotional support.
- · Planning, developing, implementing, and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Primrose program.
- · To actively participate in program development and evaluation including ensuring staff team remain on track with service outcomes and organization goals.
- · Assisting the Primrose Management team in providing orientation, training, work direction and guidance to Residential Care Workers.
- · Ensuring that clients’ physical, emotional, social, educational, medical needs are being met and directly assists clients to enhance quality of life and personal life goals while receiving services within Primrose.
- · To work directly with clients in the Primrose program whenever necessary to ensure program commitments are being met and delivered safely.
- · Ensure that all OH&S, Policy and Procedures, Accreditation regulations and all other relevant governing obligations are being adhered to by the program and staff team.
- · Maintaining a safe work environment for both staff and service users alike, including following and monitoring all positive behavior support strategies as they apply to clients in service. This includes being confident and familiar with Non-Violent Crisis Intervention material so as to guide and teach staff effectively in adhering to concepts taught.
- · Liaise and maintain professional relationships with parents, clients, community partners and various other program stakeholders.
- · Keep organized, detailed and confidential records on a database system using clear, professional and objective language.
- · A minimum 2 years of post-secondary education (preferably in social sciences)
- · A minimum of 2 years working experience in the community living sector
- · A combination of the above
- · Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- · Confidence and competence with being in a leadership position, including directing others and coordinating programming logistical needs.
- · Have a working understanding of the Performance & Quality Improvement process
- · Strong working knowledge with positive behavior support strategies as well as general knowledge of the community living population.
- · Must bit in fit enough physical condition to directly support clients in service as well as confident and competent in managing clients in crisis exhibiting physical risk behaviours.
- · High competence level in clear and concise verbal and written communication, including an excellent skillset in writing and editing of reports as well as general communications to various stakeholders including families, funders, and community partners.
- · High proficiency level in using Microsoft Office and Share Vision applications.
- · Willingness to gain additional knowledge and education is an asset.
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: Upon return of permanent employee, approx. 14 months (Nov. 2022)
Salary: Grid Level 12 – $24.48-$28.52 per hour
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: September 13, 2021. Internal candidates will be contacted within 2 days after closing
Please email your cover letter and resume to Katherine Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.