Behaviour Consultant – Casual
NOVEMBER 4, 2021 | EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. #21-110
Position: Behaviour Consultant – Casual
Location: Prince George
Hours: Casual or part-time with opportunity for full-time hours
We are looking for someone who is interested in working as a Behaviour Consultant to join our Sources B.A.S.I.C. program team! This is an ideal role for an individual working towards their BCBA designation as they will be clinically supervised by a BCBA. The successful candidate will conduct functional and skill assessments, develop Intervention Plans and Positive Behaviour Support Plans, teach plan implementation, and supervise the implementation of plans. They will work as a part of an interdisciplinary team, under the direct mentorship and supervision of a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At SOURCES we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
About the B.A.S.I.C. Program
Sources B.A.S.I.C. program provides evidence-based behaviour intervention, analysis and consultation services based on the principles of applied behaviour analysis and positive behaviour support.
Services are primarily provided to individuals with autism but are open to anyone else requiring support with challenging behaviour or skill deficits. Services are provided primarily in the Prince George area. This program also provides the clinical supervision required by individuals seeking certification through the Behaviour Analyst Certification Board. All services are clinically supervised by board-certified behaviour analysts to ensure services are evidence-based and to maximize behaviour change and skill acquisition.
- · Conducting assessments, conduct positive behaviour training sessions for families, and monitor support strategies for families of children with developmental disabilities.
- · Conducts Intake Assessments, Ecology Assessments, the VB-MAPP, Functional Behavioural Assessments, and other assessments as required, in multiple environments with each of the persons served.
- · Develops Intervention Plans that incorporate evidence based intervention in the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis, and Positive Behaviour Support Plans, based on assessment data, the goals and characteristics of the persons served, and the ecology of the family of the persons served.
- · Liaise with other caregivers on the persons served service team.
- · Teaches and demonstrates the strategies in the Intervention Plan and/or Positive Behaviour Support Plan to the persons served, caregivers and Behaviour Interventionists, within the relevant environment(s).
- · Implements and oversees the collection of evidence based data to improve plan effectiveness.
- · Writing accurate session notes and maintaining files.
- · Attending and participating in regularly scheduled team meetings.
- · Masters Degree in a human services field (ex: Special Education, Educational Psychology, Behavioural Sciences).
- · Two years’ experience conducting Behaviour Assessments resulting in the creation of an Intervention Plan or Positive Behaviour Support Plan that incorporates evidence based intervention in the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis, with people with behaviour challenges.
- · Working towards Board Certified Behaviour Analyst credential through the Behaviour Analyst Certification Board.
- · Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills.
- · Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- · Physically fit and able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- · Knowledge/awareness/agility around people with disabilities.
- · Knowledge/awareness/agility around people of many different cultures.
- · Valid BC driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- · Criminal record check required.
Start Date: ASAP
· Employee & Family Assistance Plan
Closing Date: November 26, 2021
Internal candidates will be contacted by: November 26, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.