Assistant Behaviour Consultant – Permanent, Part Time
DECEMBER 6, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-122
Position: Assistant Behaviour Consultant – Permanent, Part Time
Location: Prince Rupert
Hours: 22.5 hours/week
We are looking for an Assistant Behaviour Consultant to join our Sources Behaviour Analysis and Consultation team in beautiful Prince Rupert BC! This individual must be eager, motivated, organized and possess superior communication skills.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At SOURCES we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Description of position
The Behaviour Analysis and Consultation program is designed to cover a wide range of services for persons with neurodevelopmental needs, including autism, trauma, attachment disruption, and mental health where behavioural challenges are causing functional impairment in the home, school or community. Families can access caregiver training, a behaviour support plan and one on one guidance and support to implement the skills taught during the parent training sessions. Families experiencing higher levels of challenging behaviour with children/youth will receive a more individualized approach to service. A functional analysis is completed; a comprehensive plan is created with the family and analyst, and the Assistant Consultant meets with the family to support the family in their homes to implement the positive behaviour support plan.
- · Effective and collaborative communication with MCFD staff is essential
- · Creating a strong team environment
- · Some administration duties are required
- · Training other team members (school staff, counsellors, etc.) when required
Program Specific Responsibilities:
- · Conducting assessments and positive behaviour training sessions for families. Monitor support strategies for families of children with developmental disabilities.
- · Must be able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients.
- · Travel to Haida Gwaii and surrounding communities is required.
- · Position is clinically supervised by a BCBA, which can be used towards certification hours.
- · Involves reimbursement for travel, must have a reliable vehicle.
- · Requires a home office (equipment is provided).
- · Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Education, or another related field.
- · 2 years of related experience.
- · Criminal Record Check and proof of SIN is required.
- · Familiar and comfortable working with Microsoft Office products.
- · Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: December 31, 2021, internal candidates will be contacted by December 31, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.