Case Manager/Facilitator – Temporary, Full Time
FEBRUARY 18, 2022| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 22-015
Position: Case Manager/Facilitator
Location: Newton Resources Centre
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm, 35 hours per week (contract end date March 31, 2023)
We are looking for a Case Manager / Facilitator to join our Sources Peering into Employment team! This individual must be compassionate, assertive, and a team player.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Empowered for Employment, Sources Newton Resource Centre
The Newton Resource Centre offers a variety of services for individuals who a living in poverty including those who are homeless. These programs focus on supporting individuals to obtain and maintain essential income and living resources including income assistance, other government benefits, and affordable rental housing.
Empowered for Employment Services provide comprehensive supports to diverse clients, survivors of violence and/or abuse, mature workers who are 55+, persons with disabilities, and people at risk of or experiencing homelessness who want to make positive changes in their lives and prepare for a successful transition to employment.
1. Assists individuals who are at risk of or experiencing homelessness to obtain stable housing.
2. Assess individual needs in finding housing, determining lived experience and peer employment goals.
3. Provide written communication on behalf of client, accompaniment to meeting, suite viewings, job trainings, interviews, and other stabilization advancement appointments to ensure follow-through occurs.
4. Provide wrap around supports to ensure success in housing and employment.
5. Deliver small groups facilitation or 1-1 support to participants in soft skills and job search skills topics.
6. Assist to access other income supports and addressing other housing related barriers, as appropriate.
7. Develop peer employment and job opportunities in the local community.
8. Provide necessary coaching and support for peer employment activities to promote a successful transition to meaningful work.
9. Attends to administrative and reporting requirements.
10. Engage in marketing/community engagement activities with the objective of fostering community awareness of Empowered for Employment services.
1. An undergraduate degree or diploma or combination of relevant education, professional experience and industry training in career development, social work, and mental health.
2. Minimum of one year experience in employment services field.
3. Awareness of poverty and homelessness related issues.
4. Knowledge and experience working with individuals with barriers to employment and individuals with a range of chronic conditions and disabilities including mental health and substance use.
5. Solid understanding of employment barriers including employment maintenance issues, and assessing client needs and employer/labour market requirements.
6. Strong administrative ability and computer proficiency with emphasis on MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Internet and data management systems.
7. Clean Criminal Record Check.
8. Completion of Privacy and Information Sharing Training.
9. Valid Driver’s license and clean driving abstract, travel is required.
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: March 4th, 2022, internal candidates will be contacted by March 2nd, 2022
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.