Assistant Behaviour Consultant – Temporary, Full Time
March 4, 2022| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 22-020
Position: Assistant Behaviour Consultant – Temporary, Full-Time
Location: Prince George BC
Hours: 35 hours a week
We are looking for an Assistant Behaviour Consultant to join our Sources Behaviour Analysis and Consultation team in Prince George, BC! This individual must be eager, motivated, organized and possess superior communication skills. The successful candidate will be covering a maternity leave for 18 months.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing support, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities and abilities. We strive to create more vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, addiction, mental illness, poverty, disability and conflict. We also support our communities through leadership, education and volunteerism.
SOURCES is also committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation and resurgence.
We value diversity, respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Description of position
The Behaviour Analysis and Consultation program is designed to cover a wide range of services for persons with neurodevelopmental needs, including autism, trauma, attachment disruption, and mental health where behavioural challenges are causing functional impairment in the home, school, or community. Families can access caregiver training, a behaviour support plan and one on one guidance and support to implement the skills taught during the parent training sessions. Families experiencing higher levels of challenging behaviour with children/youth will receive a more individualized approach to service. A functional analysis is completed; a comprehensive plan is created with the family and analyst, and the Assistant Consultant meets with the family to support the family in their homes to implement the positive behaviour support plan.
- · Effective and collaborative communication with MCFD staff is essential
- · Creating a strong team environment
- · Some administration duties are required
- · Training other team members (school staff, counsellors, etc.) when required
Program Specific Responsibilities:
- · Conducting assessments and positive behaviour training sessions for families. Monitor support strategies for families of children with developmental disabilities.
- · Must be able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients.
- · Travel to Haida Gwaii and surrounding communities is required.
- · Position is clinically supervised by a BCBA, which can be used towards certification hours.
- · Involves reimbursement for travel, must have a reliable vehicle.
- · Requires a home office (equipment is provided).
- · Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Education, or another related field.
- · 2 years of related experience.
- · Criminal Record Check and proof of SIN is required.
- · Familiar and comfortable working with Microsoft Office products.
- · Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: November 2023
Closing Date: March 17, 2022. Internal staff will be contacted by March 17, 2022
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.