Clinical Counsellor – Permanent, Part Time
29 March, 2022| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 22-034
Position: Clinical Counsellor
Location: Parksville, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Hours: 23 hours per week – Permanent Part-Time
5 hours per week – Temporary Part-Time (to 31 March, 2023 with the possibility of an extension)
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP.
We are looking for a Clinical Counsellor to join our Sources Oceanside team! This individual must be strong in their knowledge of trauma informed and culturally safe practices, experienced providing mental health support using evidence-based approaches, and able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing support, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities and abilities. We strive to create more vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, addiction, mental illness, poverty, disability and conflict. We also support our communities through leadership, education and volunteerism.
SOURCES is also committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation and resurgence.
We value diversity, respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Description of position
Reporting to the MHSS Team Leader, the Clinical Counsellor is a permanent employee of Sources Community Resources.
- · Provide therapeutic support to clients in the Oceanside area focusing on anxiety, depression, trauma and emotional regulation.
Program Specific Responsibilities:
This position will practice in three areas:
- · Clinical Counselling Program: Provide counselling for youth 13-18 and parents who have children 13-18.
- · Sexual Abuse Intervention Program: Provide trauma-informed treatment to children and youth 3-18 who have experienced sexual abuse and children up to 12 who are experiencing sexual behaviour challenges.
- · DiscoverY Program: Provide clinical counselling services to youth and young adults 13-25 to support their journey as they transition from adolescents to adulthood.
- Masters Degree in a Social / Human Services Field (MACP, MA (Child and Youth Care(, MSW, M.Ed.).
- Must be eligible to register with a professional body (BCACC, RSW, CCC, RCP, MPCC). Registration is preferred.
- Three years experience providing clinical services to children, youth and adults or equivalent of education, training and experience.
- Knowledgeable in Trauma Informed Practice and have experience providing trauma-focused services to children and youth.
- Suicide Intervention Training (e.g. ASIST).
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Grid 16-P $37.66 – $46.15F
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: open until filled.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.