IDP Consultant – Temporary, Part Time
March 14, 2022| INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 22-024
Position: IDP Consultant
Location: Parksville, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Hours: 14 hours per week – Temporary, Part-Time until June 30, 2022
We are looking for an IDP Consultant to join our Sources Oceanside Team! Reporting to the Child Development Team Leader, this individual would provide services to families with infants, birth to 3 years of age who are delayed in one or more areas of development, at risk for delay or have an identified condition. These include assessment, treatment planning and implementation of established goals, resource information, referral and support within the early intervention/prevention principles and practices of a family centered philosophy. Some lifting is required to effectively carry out the duties of the position.
This position entails working outside regular office hours and may include evenings and weekends to meet the needs of infants and their families. Home visits are required.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing support, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities and abilities. We strive to create more vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, addiction, mental illness, poverty, disability and conflict. We also support our communities through leadership, education and volunteerism.
SOURCES is also committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation and resurgence.
We value diversity, respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
- · A degree in nursing, pediatric developmental therapy (i.e.: OT/PT/ST), social work, education, or a related field in child development or the equivalent education and a minimum of 5 years direct service experience relating to competency in early intervention principles and practices in working with developmentally delayed infants, their families and other professionals.
- · Group facilitation skills.
- · Competency in documentation that meets the required accreditation standards.
- · Demonstrates excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- · Ability to prioritize work and be self-motivated to initiate projects.
- · Good organization, time, and general management skills.
- · Current first aid certification.
- · Criminal record check and drivers abstract.
- · Must have current BC Driver‘s License and reliable transportation.
Start Date: April 01, 2022
Salary: Grid 14-P $33.17 – $38.63
Benefits (if applicable):
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: March 22, 2022
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Julie Snowden, firstname.lastname@example.org.