Information & Policy Manager – Permanent, Full Time
March 17, 2022| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 22-027
Position: Information & Policy Manager– Permanent, Full Time
Location: Surrey, B.C.
Hours: 35 hours a week
We are looking for an Information & Policy Manager to join our Sources Administrative team! The Information and Policy Manager develops, implements, and continually reviews and refines the agency’s information governance, including its information management strategy, policy, and practices to promote good practice and maintain compliance with statutory and contractual as well as accreditation standards. The Information and Policy Manager ensures best practice is implemented within the organization with regards to the acquisition, management, and organization of information. The Information and Policy Manager also assumes the role of Privacy Officer for Sources.
The Information and Policy Manager provides advice and guidance to the agency in respect of information handling, information lifecycle management and the interpretation of relevant policy. The Manager works closely with Information Technology and Program staff in the acquisition and deployment of information systems.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing support, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities, and abilities. We strive to create more vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, addiction, mental illness, poverty, disability, and conflict. We also support our communities through leadership, education, and volunteerism.
SOURCES is also committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation, and resurgence.
We value diversity, respect, and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
- · Maintain role of Privacy Officer including oversight of response to information requests, privacy incidents (breaches and complaints), and other privacy matters.
- · Learn and maintain knowledge of privacy legislation including, but not limited to PIPA, PIPEDA, FOIPPA, and privacy requirements outlined in service contracts as it applies to Sources’ programs and administration.
- · Maintain policies to ensure that we are consistent with Council on Accreditation (COA).
- · Support program to uphold privacy requirements through ongoing review, development, and monitoring of policy procedures, and training.
- · Develop and maintain privacy training and audit processes for Sources.
Policies & Procedures
- Maintain knowledge of and advise SOURCES’ personnel on the Society’s Policies and Procedures.
- Monitor the implementation of SOURCES’ Policy and Procedures.
- Advise Sources’ Executive Team on updates and changes required or recommended to policy and procedures.
- Provide support in implementing policy changes including training and documentation of training for SOURCES’ personnel.
- Standardize tools, forms, and procedures
- Update manuals associated with policy and procedures
- Develop innovative approaches for acquiring, maintaining, and managing information.
- Support the implementation of information management systems within programs and across the organization.
- Provide advice on information management issues and promote best information management practice.
- Identify gaps, overlaps and solutions for information management.
- Support the collection an analysis of feedback from all stakeholders in collaboration with SOURCES’ Service Quality Manager.
- Develop and implement a controlled document system to ensure access to and accuracy of standardized documentation templates.
- Ensure continuity of access to information resources through technological or organization change
- Develop appropriate retention and disposal schedules for electronic and print content.
- Conduct information audits to ensure assets are safeguarded and appropriate controls applied.
- Oversee and administer the use of Sharevision, Nucleus and other information management systems use by the agency ensuring timely and appropriate updates and enhancements are performed
- · Identify and facilitate opportunities for the agency to derive maximum benefit from its acquired information and knowledge
- · Develop and champion best practice in using, sharing, and leveraging information and knowledge
- · Work closely with the Quality Assurance and Program Managers to facilitate information and knowledge sharing among agency programs.
- · Post-secondary education with at least 3 years of relevant work experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- · Certification as an Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/C and/or CIPM) is an asset
- · Education or experience in Information Management
- · Demonstrated knowledge of applicable privacy regulations and legislation (FOIPPA).
- · Demonstrated knowledge of appropriate techniques to facilitate effective change management
- · Digital acumen with an understanding of adopting or using appropriate technologies
- · Proficient in Microsoft Office (Intermediate level of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- · Administrator level and experience in Sharevision, Nucleus, Smartsheets, and/or other content management systems is an asset
- · Ability to exercise diplomacy, tact and discretion when working with confidential and/or sensitive information
- · Ability to logically analyze, categorize and systemize complex information
- · Ability to problem-solve and analyze situation to recommend solutions
- · Ability to organize work duties, set priorities and deliver results under pressure
- · Strong detail orientation and drive for accuracy
- · Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- · Ability to use a common-sense approach and demonstrate sound judgement
- · Commitment to continuous learning and intellectual curiosity to innovate and improve
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: April 4, 2022. Internal candidates will be contacted by April 5, 2022.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.