Job Developer/Facilitator – Permanent, Full Time
MARCH 22, 2022| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-022
Position: Job Developer/Facilitator
Location: Panorama, Surrey
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Job Developer/Facilitator to join our SOURCES Empowered for Employment team! This individual must be able to work with multi-barriered clients and have excellent connection with businesses community; and be flexible to perform a variety of duties.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing support, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities and abilities. We strive to create more vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, addiction, mental illness, poverty, disability and conflict. We also support our communities through leadership, education and volunteerism.
SOURCES is also committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation and resurgence.
We value diversity, respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
SOURCES Empowered for Employment
Empowered for Employment Services provide comprehensive supports to multi-barriered clients, survivors of violence and/or abuse, mature adults who are 55+, persons with disabilities, people at risk of or experiencing homelessness who want to make positive changes in their lives and prepare for successful transition to employment.
- · Work collaboratively with Empowered for Employment staff and job seeking clients, target job opportunities that meet the clients identified employment goals.
- · Develop relationships with businesses and employers, promote and enhance work experience placements and job development services for clients.
- · Provide job leads for clients, determine employment requirements, assess client’s qualifications and suitability ensuring quality job matching.
- Curriculum development and workshop design in job search topics, i.e., resume, cover letters, interview skills, and labour market information.
· Provide one to one or group facilitation in coaching/supported job search activities for clients; guidance and support in preparation for job search/employment especially for persons with disabilities.
- · Liaise with employers to negotiate employment terms, monitor placements, follow up regularly and address any issues to promote placement success and employment retention.
- · Maintain and update employer database including current catalogue of employment opportunities.
- · Maintain accurate documentation of all client communication, activities and outcomes in Sharevision and electronic files.
- · Retain client, service and statistical data as required by the funder and SOURCES.
- · Ensure regular collection and submission of Employer Service Evaluations to further assess and improve service delivery to employers.
- · Engage in marketing/community engagement activities with the objective of fostering community awareness of Empowered for Employment services.
- · An undergraduate degree or diploma or combination of relevant education, professional experience and industry training in career development, social work, or marketing/public relations. CCDP designation preferred.
- · Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in employment services field.
- · Minimum two (2) years job placement/recruiting experience.
- · Service oriented, culturally competent, and adaptable to working in a variety of settings with a diverse employer and client base.
- · Knowledge and experience working with individuals with barriers to employment and individuals with a range of disabilities; physical, mental health and developmental disabilities.
- · Strong networking and negotiation skills with knowledge of marketing and promotional techniques, recruiting, human resources and labour standards.
- · Solid understanding of current job search techniques/practices, employment barriers including employment maintenance issues, and assessing client needs and employer/labour market requirements.
- · Demonstrated experience and success in job development and placement.
- · Flexible and self-motivated with the ability to take initiative, work independently and under pressure in an outcome-based work environment.
- · Professional presentation with a positive attitude and ability to engage and motivate clients.
- · Solid understanding of local labour market.
- · Familiarity of community-based resources.
- · Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
- · Strong administrative ability and computer proficiency with emphasis on MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Internet and data management systems.
- · Clean Criminal Record Check.
- · Completion of Privacy and Information Sharing Training.
- · Driver’s license and reliable transportation; travel is required.
Start Date: April 4, 2022
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: March 25, 2022, internal candidates will be contacted by March 25, 2022
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.