Trauma Counsellor – Permanent, Part Time
MARCH 18, 2022| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 22-028
Position: Trauma Counsellor
Location: Surrey/White Rock, BC
Hours: 24 hours per week
Join an innovative team and agency in sunny South Surrey. We are looking for a Master’s level Trauma Counsellor to join our Sources Trauma Counselling team! This individual must be social justice-oriented, technologically savvy and have excellent interpersonal skills (additional languages are an asset).
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing support, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities, and abilities. We strive to create more vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, addiction, mental illness, poverty, disability and conflict. We also support our communities through leadership, education, and volunteerism.
SOURCES is also committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation, and resurgence. Sources is on a path of reconciliation and Indigenous allyship and we are committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge in our work.
We value diversity, intersectionality, respect, and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Trauma Counselling
Reporting to the Trauma Counselling Manager the Trauma Counsellor is a permanent part-time employee of Sources Community Resources. The Trauma Counselling Program provides STV (Stopping the Violence) counselling services to women impacted by interpersonal violence as well as fee-for-service counselling for anyone impacted by trauma. We provide individual and group counselling for women dealing with issues of violence and abuse, following empirically proven trauma modalities. The team is dynamic, skilled, and passionate about providing the necessary support to help people heal from their experiences and move forward with their lives.
Bring your creative energy to develop your counselling skills in groups
• Attend monthly external clinical consultation
• Build the program with our generous professional development emphasis
• Work in a small, friendly environment
• Participate in relevant community outreach and liaison, networking, and collaboration to represent the program in the community, to support prevention and education on interpersonal violence and to facilitate referrals.
• Provide individual intake, assessment, individual mid-range counselling, and group counselling to people experiencing the effects of relationship violence, sexual assault, and/or childhood abuse while incorporating an intersectional perspective.
• Keep up-to-date confidential documentation, client statistics, including group statistics, which are to be reported monthly.
• Incorporates the central components of trauma counselling, emphasizing safety and stabilization and re-processing for the individual.
• Uses peer supervision and Feedback Informed Training to ensure the therapeutic approach matches the clients’ needs.
- · M.A. (Counselling Psychology), M.Ed. (Counselling Psychology), M.S.W. or the equivalent combination of education and training
- · Minimum of three years’ experience working with people who have experienced interpersonal violence.
- · Eligible for RSW, RCC or CCC designation
- Effectively utilize Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and Sharevision
- Effectively communicate professionally, verbally and in written English
- Standard First Aid and CPR (Training may be accessed through Sources)
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Training (Training may be accessed through Sources)
- Criminal Records check through the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Criminal Records Review
Start Date: April 15, 2022
Salary: $37,411.00 (Based on experience and education)
- · 100% employer-paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: April 8, 2022, Internal candidates will be contacted by April 15, 2022
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.