Driver – Casual
SEPTEMBER 2, 2022| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 22-076
Position: Sources Regional Food Hub Driver
Location: Langley/Surrey/White Rock
Hours: Up to 20 hours per week- weekend work is required.
We are looking for a
Casual Food Hub Driver to join our Sources Food Hub team! This individual must have a clean driver’s abstract, excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be fluent with computers.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing support, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities and abilities. We strive to create more vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, addiction, mental illness, poverty, disability and conflict. We also support our communities through leadership, education and volunteerism.
SOURCES is also committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation and resurgence.
We value diversity, respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Regional Food Hub
Sources Regional Food Hub rescues and redistributes food in Surrey/Langley and White Rock. We redistribute food to our community partners through a subscription-based model of service. We deliver to numerous community agencies and partners through centralized or decentralized service delivery points. We aim to prevent and reduce food waste, promote food waste education, and enhance food access and security in our community.
· Pick up goods from community businesses in White Rock, Surrey, and Langley
· Deliver goods to community partners
· Weigh and track all delivery weights and types of foods on a computerized system
· Maintain and ensure safe vehicle operation including vehicle logs, and safety inspections and ensure the vehicle is fueled and cleaned.
· Possess a Class 5 Drivers License and clean driver’s abstract
· Criminal Record Check
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability and willingness to work cooperatively
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Enthusiasm and passion to address community hunger and food waste
· Knowledge of the noted communities and surrounding areas is an asset
Start Date: ASAP
· Employee & Family Assistance plan
Closing Date: September 19, 2022 internal candidates will be contacted by July 20, 2022
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Sources Regional Food Hub . Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.