September 19, 2023| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 23-128
Position: Trauma Counsellor Permanent Part Time
Location: Cloverdale and South Surrey
Hours: 24 hours
We are seeking a Trauma Counsellor to join our Sources Trauma Counselling team! This individual must know the dynamics of interpersonal violence, have an intersectional lens as an approach to the work and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization providing support and hope to communities in the Lower Mainland, on Vancouver Island, and across Northern BC. Sources strives to create vibrant and resilient communities through support to adults, children, youth, and families facing challenges in life such as mental health, disability, poverty, substance use, and conflict. We support our communities through leadership, education, and volunteerism.
Sources is committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth and reconciliation. People of all races, cultures, ethnicities, LGBTQ2S+, and abilities are welcomed to work with us. We value diversity, respect, and collaboration as we promote our mission: social wellness for our community.
Description of position
Reporting to the Trauma Counselling Manager, the Trauma Counsellor is a permanent part-time employee of Sources Community Resources.
- Provide advocacy/presentations for community members/persons served
- Provide individual and group counselling skills
- Current knowledge base regarding women’s issues and interpersonal violence.
- Offer trauma-oriented modalities (EMDR, Sensorimotor, Somatic Experiencing, IFS etc.)
- Eligible for registration as a Registered Clinical Counsellor, Social Worker or Canadian Certified Counsellor.
Program Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide group and individual counselling (including intake and assessment) to women experiencing interpersonal violence, sexual assault, or historic abuse.
- Incorporate the central components of trauma counselling, emphasizing safety, containment and trauma processing.
- Provide resources and referral and related support services.
- Maintain up-to-date files and documentation on Sharevision/OWL.
- Attend and participate in internal supervision and external clinical consultation sessions.
- Incorporate the use of Feedback Informed Training into the therapy practice.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Counselling, Counselling Psychology, Social Work, Art Therapy
- Effectively utilize Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharevision and OWL
- Effectively communicate professionally, verbally and written in English
- Registration with BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC), BC Assn of Social Workers (BCASW) or Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC)
- Training in therapeutic modalities is an asset (SE, EMDR, IFS etc.)
- Criminal Records check through the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Criminal Records Review Program
Start Date: ASAP
Benefits (if applicable):
- 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- Employee & Family Assistance plan
- Pension plan
- Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: Until Filled
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.