DATE: October 18, 2023| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 23-133R
Position: Therapist – Permanent Full-time
Location: Peace Arch Resource Centre – White Rock/South Surrey
Hours: 35 h/week (flexibility required).
We are looking for a therapist to join our Sources Child and Family Services team! This individual must be compassionate, motivated, and organized.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization providing support and hope to communities in the Lower Mainland, on Vancouver Island, and across Northern BC. Sources strives to create vibrant and resilient communities through support to adults, children, youth, and families facing challenges in life such as mental health, disability, poverty, substance use, and conflict. We support our communities through leadership, education, and volunteerism.
Sources is committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth and reconciliation. People of all races, cultures, ethnicities, LGBTQ2S+, and abilities are welcomed to work with us. We value diversity, respect, and collaboration as we promote our mission: social wellness for our community.
Description of position
The therapist will provide therapy to families referred by MCFD and CYMH. Duties include assessing, formulating, and implementing therapeutic interventions with referred families. The therapist must also collaborate effectively with MCFD and CYMH staff. This position requires a strong team player who works well in a team environment.
- Master’s degree in counselling or counselling related disciplines with experience working with families. Experience working with marginalized/mandated families is an asset. Able to provide therapeutic services from a strengths-based perspective. Able to provide intake and assessment.
- Prompt and accurate notes and record keeping and ability to use computer programs such as MS Word and Outlook. Ability to work with younger children an asset.
- Ensure that the rights, dignity, and confidentiality of all clients is maintained.
- Ensure that each client is involved in decision making situations to his/her ability.
- Ensure the health and safety for all clients while working with them.
- Uphold accreditation standards and Sources’ Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality improvement (CQI) and evaluation processes.
- Take responsibility for serving on Sources interdisciplinary committees.
- Participate in Integrated Case Management conferences where appropriate and required.
- Flexibility of work schedule including some evenings if necessary to meet client needs.
- Recording and reporting of program statistics as required by contract.
- Writing regular case notes and reports as required by accreditation and/or funder contract.
Program: Child and Family Services Program
- Provide direct therapeutic services to families in any configuration as guided by the service plan developed in collaboration with the family.
- Case consultation and support as necessary with other staff where appropriate.
- Ensure that files are in good order in accordance with accreditation standards.
- Liaise and collaborate with MCFD/CYMH and other agency staff where it applies to mutual clients.
- Ensure that service unit reporting is up to date.
- Provide service data required for program review and to fulfill terms of MCFD contract.
- Participate in program review process including data collection, analysis, and report writing.
- Sit on internal committees as required and appropriate.
Start Date: ASAP
- 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- Employee & Family Assistance plan
- Pension plan
- Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: November 2, 2023.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to the Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.