Residential Care Worker – Temporary Full-Time
COMPETITION NO. 17-118
POSITION: Residential Care Worker – Temporary Full-Time
This position requires CUPE Union membership and is open to applicants of all genders.
CURRENT LOCATION: Chestnut House – Delta (Ladner)
CURRENT HOURS: 37.5hrs (Wed 2:30-10pm, Thu & Fri 2:30-9:30pm, Sat & Sun 8-4pm)
POSITION SUMMARY: Sources BC governs a wide range of programs in the Lower Mainland with the aim to enhance social wellness for our community. Located in Ladner, the RCW at Chestnut House contributes to a highly organized, team oriented, and dynamic work environment that supports clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder in residential and community settings. Staff engage in daily recreation and vocation in the community with residents. They are active, verbal, mobile, and highly involved in the community. Positive support and engagement through conversation, games, and out-trips, special events, sports, to name a few, are routine.
• Minimum 3 months experience working with people with developmental disabilities and/or behavioural challenges.
• Current class 5 driver’s license is required.
• Minimum 1 year post-secondary education, preferably in behavior sciences, social work, community social service or equivalent.
• All employment requirements (which include First Aid, NCI Training, TB screening, criminal record check, proof of SIN, immunization form, Class 5 Driver’s License) must be valid and current by agency-set deadlines or your application will not be considered.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and actively use critical thinking skills.
• Ability to use a word processor (Word for Windows) to produce concise, clear, professional written data and reports and use email, including Outlook, for regular communication.
• Ability to follow a petty cash system and report expenses.
• Participate fully in walking, biking, sports, and a wide variety of recreation and leisure activities.
• Experience working with adults with Autism/PDD and/or clients with possible physical aggression, including effective responses to such behaviour i.e. NVPCI etc.
• Able to actively contribute to and follow safety, behaviour management, support plans, and instill consistency and stability in a home environment.
• Demonstrated cooperation and communication skills as part of a team with co-workers and management.
• Ability to transport (using program vehicles) and support clients in the community at their sites of employment, recreation, or other sites as required.
• Ability to participate in tasks as assigned, including routine facility maintenance.
START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: 17.47 per hour
BENEFITS: As per collective agreement
CLOSING DATE: October 23, 2017
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
WILLIAM BRUNKE, MANAGER firstname.lastname@example.org