Youth Worker – Permanent Full-Time
APRIL 27, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-47
Position: Youth Worker
Location: South Surrey
Hours: 35 hours per week, flexibility required
We are looking for a Youth Worker to join our Child & Family Services Team! This individual must be outgoing, personable, organized, show initiative and have the ability to connect with young people.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Youth Worker responsibilities will be to provide support and monitoring of youth on probation, provide Intensive Support and Supervision, provide or arrange curfew checks and/or community work service, and support a service plan for the youth. The Worker will network with, and prepare written reports and/or required documentation for the MCFD You Probation Officers. The Worker will provide transportation and support the youth at risk youth. This position also receives referrals from the MCFD Child and Youth Mental Health team to support youth to build adaptive skills and self-management. The worker must demonstrate an ability and willingness to initiate contact with difficult to serve youth. The work is outreach in natures, requires shift flexibility and is provided mainly in South Surrey and White Rock.
- Ideally possess an under graduate degree in Child & Youth care or related discipline
- Experience working with youth dealing with any of the following: family issues, criminal justice issues, substance use, behavioural problems, mental health issues.
- Must have experience working with youth on probation
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Must possess the following: valid BC driver’s license, current first aid.
- Use of a vehicle that is safe and passes inspection
- Criminal record check is required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of issues, including substance abuse and common psychiatric diagnoses including ADHD, Conduct disorder and ODD.
- Working knowledge of the systems and issues impacting youth and their families, such as the youth justice system governed by the Youth Justice Act.
- Ability to work from a trauma informed perspective an asset.
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: May 11, 2018
Internal candidates will be contacted ASAP
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Youth Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.