Women’s Place Volunteer Coordinator – Perm. Part time
October 23, 2018| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-109
Position: Women’s Place Volunteer Coordinator
Location: Volunteer Services – Women’s Place
Hours: Tuesday – Friday. 14 hours per week.
We are looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to join our Sources Volunteer Services team at Women’s Place! This individual must be empathic, flexible and team spirited.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Volunteer Services
Sources’ Volunteer Services is designed to support social wellness for individuals and communities through volunteerism. Sources Women’s Place provides a variety of free resources, programs, and supports which aim to improve the lives of women and their families. We offer a safe and confidential environment where women can connect with one another as well as access free resources such as counselling, legal information, professional referrals, resources, facilitated support groups, and educational opportunities.
- Interview, screen and onboard new volunteers.
- Support the daily volunteers – includes coverage in the event of volunteer absence and communication of upcoming programs and/or changes
- Assist with the coordination of volunteer recognition activities and/or events.
- Address volunteer and /or client issues and document relevant information.
- Assist with the promotion of volunteerism in the community through displays and other community initiatives as required.
- Work with the Women’s Place Coordinator to maintain operations of the Centre.
- Ability to maintain open and direct communications with clients and volunteers.
- Flexibility, adaptability, initiative and creativity.
- Must be discreet and able to manage confidential information.
- Crisis resolution skills; ability to work through potentially difficult and stressful situations.
- Experience in a related field, preferably in a non-profit setting working with women.
- Experience in volunteer coordination an asset
- Possesses an understanding of the issues related to poverty and has the ability to handle sensitive client issues with tact and non-judgement.
- Clear criminal records check.
- · A valid driver’s license and own vehicle an asset.
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: October 29, 2018, internal candidates will be contacted by October 30, 2018
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Carrie Belanger, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.