Behaviour Consultant – Casual
April 24, 2019| INTERNAL & EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-044
Position: Behavior Consultant – Casual
Location: Surrey, Langley, Tri-Cities
Hours: As Needed
We are looking for a Behavior Interventionist to join our Sources Access PBS Team! The individual will provide direct one-to-one teaching to young children diagnosed with autism and other developmental disorders. In addition, the interventionist will work as part of an interdisciplinary team, and under the direct mentorship and supervision of a Behavior Analyst or Behavior Consultant.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families throughout the Lower Mainland and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Access PBS Services
We provide in-home and community-based behavior consultation + interventionist service to families that have children with autism and other developmental disabilities.
The Behaviour Consultant will offer a full range of consultation and support services to families of children with neuro-developmental disabilities, including building a therapeutic alliance with the family, conducting skill assessments, presenting the intervention design to the family, training parents and interventionists proper implementation of intervention designs, and collaborating on current progress and future skills with the family and all team members. This includes modelling, role-playing, educating and further hands on training to parents and interventionists as well as developing data sheets/graphs, analyzing data collection to determine success of the program/ necessary modifications to the program.
BCBA Supervision Hours are available to those who are currently working on obtaining their Masters Degree and/ or BCBA Accreditation Hours.
- · Minimum of Bachelor’s degree related to the field of Behavior Analysis or Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA)
- · Minimum 1 year experience as a Behaviour Consultant, working within the home, school, and community or 2 years’ experience working as a Senior/ Lead Interventionist or BCaBA
- · Experience with Behavioral Skills Training, needed for ongoing interventionist training or parent training
- · Experience with development of behavior plans, data sheets, graphing, and analyzing of data collection
- · Experience with a variety of assessment tools (e.g., ABLLS-R, AFLS, VB-MAPP, etc.)
- · Reliable vehicle and carries valid BC driver’s license
- · Willingness to travel to client’s homes and/ or school/ community
- · Successful criminal record check required
Start Date: As soon as possible
· Hourly rate + 4% in lieu of benefits
Closing Date: May 30, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume attention Peggy Yu, Program Manager @ email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Please note: Persons with no related experience WILL NOT be contacted for this position. Please only apply if you meet the above qualifications. Thank you.