Communications Assistant, Temporary Full or Part Time
MAY 16, 2019| EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-056
Position: Communications Assistant – Temporary Full-Time/Part-Time
Location: Sources Corporate Office – White Rock
Hours: Up to 35 hours/week (Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm). Flexible and as approved by supervisor. Must be willing to work outside regular hours in order to meet the objectives of the position.
We are looking for an energetic and creative Communications Assistant to join our team! This individual must be able to thrive in a deadline-driven, multi-priority environment and be highly organized and collaborative. Reporting to the Communications Coordinator, the Assistant will have the opportunity to cultivate professional communications, marketing, event planning and administrative skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for over 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, advocacy services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Corporate Office
The team at Sources Corporate Office is small but mighty. As part of the Communications squad, we directly support the CEO and engage with high-level senior staff within and outside of SOURCES. Our work with Sources Community Resources Society touches more than 40 programs and services across the province and our work with the Sources Foundation helps raise money to maintain and grow the ones that are either largely or entirely community-funded.
- · Work with the internal team and external partners to develop multimedia content about clients, donors, funders, volunteers, staff and other stakeholders
- · Provide communications and marketing support for Sources programs and events
- · Assist with updating our websites with current and dynamic information that increases site visits
- · Assist with producing Sources’ internal and external newsletters
- · Draft and schedule social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- · Produce tracking & analysis reports and research recommendations for continuous improvement
- · Other related duties as assigned
- · Currently enrolled in a Communications or related post-secondary degree Co-Op program
- · A clear and concise communicator (both orally and written) who is able to craft compelling stories and tailor them for a variety of platforms and audiences
- · Proven ability to exercise tact and good judgment in dealing with various stakeholders
- · A self-starter and team player
- · Able to give and receive positive and constructive feedback
- · Knowledgeable about public relations, marketing and news media
- · Possesses excellent editing and proofreading abilities
- · Familiar with Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- · Experience with HTML, graphic design, photography and videography
- · Community awareness and interest, especially in the non-profit and social services sectors
- · Successful criminal record check
- · Unrestricted Class 5 B.C. Driver’s license
Start Date: In June or September 2019, depending on length of Co-Op Term.
Closing Date: June 2, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter, resume and 2 relevant writing samples to Tiffany Kwong, Communications Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your email your availability for a 12-, 8- or 4- month Co-Op term, whether you are available full-time or part-time, and indicate where you saw this job posting. Thank you.