Facilitator – Permanent Full Time
COMPETITION NO. 19-086
Position: Facilitator – Permanent Full-Time
Location: Newton and/or Panorama Place
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Facilitator to join our Sources Empowered for Employment Services team! This individual must be able to work with multi-barriered clients, have excellent presentation skills and be flexible to perform a variety of duties.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Empowered for Employment Services
Empowered for Employment Services provide 1:1 and group support to survivors of violence, youth, multi-barriered individuals and older workers who want to make positive changes in their lives and prepare for successful transition to employment. Participants learn personal management skills, job search skills, acquire skills training and are supported for obtaining and maintaining work.
- Develop curriculum, workshops and learning materials to facilitate effective employment, job search, life skills and career planning workshops.
- Ensure workshop materials and delivery are tailored to meet client learning styles and needs and consistently revised, updated and relevant. Facilitate workshops to assist
- clients facing multiple barriers to make positive changes and move towards employment.
- Provide one on one support and coaching to clients as necessary.
- Maintain client, service and statistical data as required by the funder and Sources.
- An undergraduate degree in related field or considerable experience and training (Social Service Worker diploma, Career Development Practitioner certificate,
- Provincial Instructor’s Diploma, Job Club Leadership Certificate, Life Skills Certificate) in the employment/career development field. CCDP designation preferred.
- Minimum 3 years facilitation/ teaching experience
- Curriculum development and workshop design and delivery pertaining to job search, life skills, and career planning.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
Start Date: August 01, 2019
Benefits (if applicable):
100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
Employee & Family Assistance plan
Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: July 22, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to sources.careers @gmail.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.