Program Manager – Permanent, Full Time
May 21, 2020| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-030
Position: Program Manager – Permanent, Full Time
Location: Prince George
Hours: 35 hours/week
We are looking for a Program Manager to join our Sources Northern Family Services team! This individual must be well organized, compassionate, and have a strong understanding of the challenges faced by at risk families.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Prince George Resource Centre
Sources Northern Family Services program provides services to families, where the children are at risk of being removed, or have been removed. The Family Services programs provide individual support to families to to address Ministry concerns, teach parenting skills, connect and support families in accessing needed services, and providing visitation to families whose children have been removed. The overall goal of the program is to help preserve the family and help create a safe environment so that the children may return to their caregivers.
- · Manage the daily operations of the Family Services programs and providing direct supervision of the program staff
- · Maintain a caseload and provide direct services to families referred to the program
- · Assessment and effective intervention with families, including outreach ervices in the families homes
- · Effective and collaborative communication with MCFD staff is essential
- · Creating a strong team environment
- · Some administration duties are required
- · Provide clinical support to the Family Support Workers.
- · Preference given to a Masters Degree in Social Work, Child and Youth Care, or another related field, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience providing intervention to high risk families.
- · Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Child and Youth Care, or another related field, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience providing intervention to high risk families.
- · At least 2 years supervisory and/or clinical supervision experience required.
- · At least 3 years direct experience working with children and families.
- · Able to provide intake and assessment.
- · Knowledge of MCFD protocol regarding Child Protection and Risk Assessment is an asset.
- · Familiar and comfortable working with Microsoft Office products.
- · Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
Start Date: June 12, 2020
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: May 29, 2020. Internal candidates will be contacted by June 1, 2020
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Michael Watt, Regional Manager – Northern, BC, email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.