Job Developer – Temporary, Full Time
MAY 11, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-057
Position: Job Developer (One Year Term)
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Job Developer to join our Peering into Employment Program – a new employment service to assist individuals who are at risk of or experiencing homelessness. Applicant must be able to work with multi-barriered individuals and possess a genuine interest in peer employment; supporting community members to identify their strengths and use their lived experience to contribute and achieve community participation and meaningful employment.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
SOURCES Empowered for Employment Services
Empowered for Employment Services provide comprehensive supports to diverse clients, survivors of violence and/or abuse, mature workers who are 55+, persons with disabilities, and people at risk of or experiencing homelessness who want to make positive changes in their lives and prepare for a successful transition to employment.
- Work collaboratively with Empowered for Employment staff and clients, target placement opportunities that meet the clients identified peer employment goals.
- Deliver small groups facilitation or 1-1 support to participants in job search strategies including resume and cover letter development, interview skills etc.
- Assess individual needs, determine lived experience and peer employment goals.
- Provide necessary coaching and support for peer employment activities to promote a successful transition to meaningful work.
- Establish connections in the community, develop relationships with community partners, and local business to promote volunteer, work experience and job placement opportunities.
- Liaise with employers to negotiate employment terms, monitor placements, follow up regularly and address any issues to promote placement success and employment retention.
- Maintain and update agencies/partners/employer database including current catalogue of employment opportunities.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all participant communication, activities and outcomes in Sharevision and electronic files.
- Retain participants, service and statistical data as required by SOURCEs and funder.
- Ensure regular collection and submission of Community Partner/Employer Service Evaluations to further assess and improve service delivery.
- Engage in marketing/community engagement activities with the objective of fostering community awareness of Empowered for Employment services.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma or combination of relevant education, professional experience and industry training in career development, social work, or marketing/public relations.
- Minimum of one year experience in employment services field.
- Minimum one year job placement/recruiting experience.
- Knowledge and experience working with individuals with barriers to employment and individuals with a range of chronic conditions and disabilities including mental health hand substance use.
- Strong networking and negotiation skills with knowledge of marketing and promotional techniques, recruiting, human resources and labour standards.
- Solid understanding of current job search techniques/practices, employment barriers including employment maintenance issues, and assessing client needs and employer/labour market requirements.
- Flexible and self-motivated with the ability to take initiative, work independently and under pressure in a fast-paced work environment.
- Professional presentation with a positive attitude and ability to engage and motivate clients.
- Familiarity of community-based resources.
- Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong administrative ability and computer proficiency with emphasis on MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Internet and data management systems.
- Clean Criminal Record Check.
- Completion of Privacy and Information Sharing Training.
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation; travel is required.
Start Date: ASAP
Benefits (if applicable):
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: when the position is filled, internal candidates will be contacted by May 21, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.