Behaviour Analyst/Assistant Behaviour Consultant – Permanent, full time
AUGUST 16, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-075
Position: Behaviour Analyst/Assistant Behaviour Consultant North
Location: Prince George
Hours: 33.5-35 hours/week
Come join the dynamic and groundbreaking team at Sources North! We are looking for a Behaviour Analyst/Assistant Behaviour Consultant to join our Sources Behaviour Analysis & Consultation Services program team. This is a dual position, with 2/3 of the role as a BCBA Behaviour Analyst and 1/3 of the role as an Assistant Consultant. The successful candidate will conduct functional and skill assessments, develop Intervention Plans and Positive Behaviour Support Plans, teach plan implementation, supervise the implementation of plans, and clinically supervises non-BCBA Behaviour Consultants. This includes the evaluation of program success, and program modification.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At SOURCES we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Behaviour Analysis & Consultation Program
The Behaviour Analysis and Consultation Program is designed to cover a wide range of services for persons with neurodevelopmental needs, including Autism, trauma, attachment disruption, and mental health where behavioural challenges are causing functional impairment in the home, school or community. Families can access caregiver training, a behaviour support plan and one on one guidance and support to implement the skills taught during the parent training sessions. Families experiencing higher levels of challenging behaviour with children/youth will receive a more individualized approach to service. A Functional Analysis is completed; a comprehensive plan is created with the family and Analyst, and the Assistant Consultant meets with the family to support the family in their homes to implement the Positive Behaviour Support Plan.
- · Conducting assessments, conduct positive behaviour training sessions for families, and monitor support strategies for families of children with developmental disabilities.
- · Clinically supervises and conducts Intake Assessments, Ecology Assessments, the VB-MAPP, Functional Behavioural Assessments, and other assessments as required, in multiple environments with each of the persons served.
- · Clinically supervises and develops Intervention Plans that incorporate evidence based intervention in the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis, and Positive Behaviour Support Plans, based on assessment data, the goals and characteristics of the persons served, and the ecology of the family of the persons served.
- · Liaise with other caregivers on the persons served service team.
- · Clinically supervise and teaches and demonstrates the strategies in the Intervention Plan and/or Positive Behaviour Support Plan to the persons served, caregivers and Behaviour Interventionists, within the relevant environment(s).
- · Clinically supervises and implements and oversee the collection of evidence based data to improve plan effectiveness.
- · Writing accurate session notes and maintaining files.
- · Attending and participating in regularly scheduled team meetings.
- · Regular travel is required to other communities in the central region outside of Prince George.
- · Masters Degree in a human services field (ex: Special Education, Educational Psychology, Behavioural Sciences).
- · Two years’ experience conducting Behaviour Assessments resulting in the creation of an Intervention Plan or Positive Behaviour Support Plan that incorporates evidence based intervention in the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis, with people with behaviour challenges.
- · Certified as a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst through the Behaviour Analyst Certification Board.
- · Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills.
- · Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- · Physically fit and able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- · Knowledge/awareness/agility around people with disabilities.
- · Knowledge/awareness/agility around people of many different cultures.
- · Valid BC driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- · Criminal record check required.
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: August 30, 2021
Internal candidates will be contacted by: August 31, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.