Residential Community Support Worker – Permanent Part-Time
COMPETITION NO. 21-083
Position: Residential Community Support Worker – Permanent Part Time
Location: Stayte House – White Rock South Surrey Area
Hours: 10 hours per week – Tuesday & Thursday 2pm-7pm
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP.
We are looking for a Residential Care Worker to join our Sources Stayte House Community Living Residential Team. This individual must be reliable, flexible and possess a strong interpersonal skill.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources – Stayte House
Stayte House provides a home to four adults with developmental disabilities and/or autism who require assistance in their day to day lives. Our talented and experienced team assist the residents in all aspects of daily living to ensure they have a good quality of life. Our model at Stayte House is to provide the residents with person-centred planning in a supportive home-like environment that fosters independence, choice, and social participation.
- To develop a supportive rapport with residents and actively seek out new opportunities for residents as related to their specific goals and objectives
- To teach and assist clients in all aspects of daily living, personal care and communication supports
- To support clients in the community using program vehicle
- To be comfortable with providing personal care for clients
- To be competent with data entry, report writing, log notes
- To liaise with client stakeholders including family member, community, and professionals
- A minimum 2 years of post-secondary education (preferably in social sciences)
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in the community living sector
- Or a combination of the above
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Strong working knowledge with positive behavior support strategies as well as general knowledge of the community living populations
- Must be in fit enough physical condition to directly support clients in service as well as confident and competent in managing clients in crisis exhibiting physical risk behaviour
- High competence level in clear and concise verbal and written communication
- Driver license is required
Start Date: October 3, 2021
Salary: $21.63 per hour
Closing Date: September 21, 2021 – Internal candidates will be contacted by September 23, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com