Program Coordinator – Permanent, Full Time
October 29th, 2021|INTERNAL/ EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-104
Position: Life Skills Program Coordinator – Permanent Full-Time
Location: Life Skills Resource Centre – Surrey (Newton)
Hours: 35 hrs/wk (requirement to work until 8pm to oversee social group evenings and until 4:30pm on all other workdays – subject to change based on program needs)
We are looking for a Program Coordinator to join our Sources Life Skills Centre team! This individual must be responsible, possess strong interpersonal skills, and be confident and competent in leading and directing others.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Life Skills Centre
The Life Skills program is a multi-faceted service that has been running since the early 80’s, offering individuals a wide range of center and community-based services. Our diverse, talented and experienced staff continually strive to expand the participant’s horizons and life opportunities. We place a strong emphasis on developing confidence through meaningful activities and learning experiences that promote healthy relationships, self-expression, and inclusiveness for clients in their own communities. Person-centred, we endeavour to assist a range of clients in progressing to their highest potential while also providing on-going supports to ensure long-term stability and quality of life.
- · Planning, developing, implementing, and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Skill Builders, Life Navigation and Tuesday Night Social programs.
- · To lead and conduct instructional classes for clients in service.
- · Supporting in Life Navigation program organization including scheduling as needed with the direction of the Life Skills Management team.
- · Assisting the Life Skill Management team in providing orientation, training, work direction and guidance to Life Skill Instructors.
- · Ensuring that clients’ physical, emotional, social, educational, medical needs are being met and directly assists clients to enhance quality of life and personal life goals while receiving services within the Life Skills Centre.
- · To work directly with clients Life Skills programs to ensure program commitments are being met and delivered safely.
- · Ensure that all OH&S, Policy and Procedures, Accreditation regulations, and all other relevant governing obligations are being adhered to by the program and staff team
- · Maintaining a safe work environment for both staff and service users alike, including following and monitoring all positive behavior support strategies as they apply to clients in service. This includes being confident and familiar with Non-Violent Crisis Intervention material so as to guide and teach staff effectively in adhering to concepts taught.
- · Liaise and maintain professional relationships with parents, clients, community partners and various other program stakeholders.
- · Keep organized, detailed and confidential records on a database system using clear, professional and objective language.
- · A minimum 2 years of post-secondary education (preferably in social sciences)
- · A minimum of 2 years working experience in the community living sector
- · A combination of the above
- · Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- · Confidence and competence with being in a leadership position, including directing others and coordinating programming logistical needs.
- · Have a working understanding of the Performance & Quality Improvement process
- · Strong working knowledge with positive behavior support strategies as well as general knowledge of the community living population.
- · Must bit in fit enough physical condition to directly support clients in service as well as confident and competent in managing clients in crisis exhibiting physical risk behaviours.
- · High competence level in clear and concise verbal and written communication, including an excellent skillset in writing and editing of reports as well as general communications to various stakeholders including families, funders, and community partners.
- · High proficiency level in using Microsoft Office applications.
- · Willingness to gain additional knowledge and education is an asset.
Start Date: November 22nd, 2021
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: November 5th, 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by November 8th, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Christine Diamond, Community Inclusion Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.