Residential Care Worker – Permanent full time, part time, casual
May 4, 2022|INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 22-049
Position: Residential Care Worker
Locations: Residential (Georgia House) – Delta (Ladner)
Hours: Fulltime Float (40 hrs/wk)
Part-time (24 hrs/wk)
Temporary Part-time overnights (24 hrs/wk)
Casual (as needed, flexible)
Positions vary and include options of working daytime, evenings, weekends or overnights.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP.
We are seeking engaging and passionate individuals to enhance lives and build meaningful connections. As part of a supportive team, Residential Care Workers coordinate, plan, and partake in activities that ensure people’s lives are rich and full.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing support, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities, and abilities. We strive to create more vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, addiction, mental illness, poverty, disability, and conflict. We also support our communities through leadership, education, and volunteerism.
SOURCES is also committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation, and resurgence.
We value diversity, respect, and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Residential Services + Community Inclusion Services
Long established programs and services located in Ladner, BC, Sources Residential Services aim to provide care and advocacy for adults with diverse disabilities in a residential setting. Assist with personal care and hygiene, meal prep, housekeeping, laundry, transportation, medical appointments as well as behavioural and emotional support.
A specialized Community Inclusion Service based in the heart of Ladner, BC, we focus on developing individualized supports for clients with diverse disabilities. Through person centred planning, support staff work alongside each client to learn ways for them overcome barriers that may be present in allowing each client to have the best possible quality of life within their own community. Primary areas of focus are in employment, social and life skill development, health and fitness, and behaviour management.
- To develop a supportive rapport with clients in service while providing interest, empathy, and encouragement while working on their personal goals
- To coach and guide in learning functional life skills
- Able to actively seek out new community/social/vocational/employment opportunities and experiences
- To physically participate with clients in a variety of home and/or community-based activities
- To be comfortable with providing personal care for clients
- To be competent with designing and overseeing client programming
- To be competent and punctual with data entry and analysis of service objectives
- To be able to transport clients in the community using program vehicles
- To be comfortable with supporting clients exhibiting risk behaviours
- To liaise with various program/client stakeholders including family members, businesses, and other professionals
- · Minimum 3 months experience supporting people with developmental disabilities
- · Grade 12 diploma and 2 years post secondary education plus 3 months experience supporting people with developmental disabilities OR >2 years experience supporting people with developmental disabilities or an equivalent combination of either.
- · Competence using basic Microsoft Office applications and other computer-based software as required
- · Have all employment requirements current and valid (cleared criminal record check, First Aid/CPR, NCI training, class 5 driver’s license, proof of SIN)
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Grid 10 ($21.63-$25.19)
Benefits (where applicable):
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: n/a
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Wendy Beck-Orlando at email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email.