Community Living Worker
DATE November 3, 2023| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 23-146
Position: Community Living Worker
Location: Georgia House, Ladner
Hours: Part Time, CLW – 32 hours per week, Monday – Thursday, 12am – 8am, this is an awake position.
We are recruiting an overnight Community Living Worker at one of our Community Living Homes in Ladner. This is an awake position. This individual must be Passionate about working with people, Engaging, and Empathic. Come join our Community Living Services Team!
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing support, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We welcome people of all genders, races, cultures, ethnicities and abilities. We strive to create more vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to children, youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and others who are coping with isolation, addiction, mental illness, poverty, disability and conflict. We also support our communities through leadership, education and volunteerism.
SOURCES is also committed to learning about, celebrating and incorporating Indigenous knowledge into our practices as we continue our work in truth, reconciliation and resurgence.
We value diversity, respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Community Living
Sources Community Living provides all-encompassing care for individuals who have been referred to us by Community Living British Columbia. We are currently recruiting for our residential and community inclusion programs in Delta. These programs support individuals with intellectual disabilities and mental health related needs. Our mission is to enable the pursuit of the best quality of life possible for our clients. We do this by fostering independence, well-being and social participation.
- build relationships
- coach and guide
- aid and support
- work as a collaborative team
Program Specific Responsibilities:
- keep notes and review progress
- Maintain a safe work environment for both staff and service users alike, including following and monitoring all positive behavior support strategies as they apply to clients in service. This includes being confident and familiar with Non-Violent Crisis Intervention material.
- you have empathy and are self aware
- take initiative and work with integrity
- you have the physical ability to engage in a variety of home and community-based activities
- you are knowledgeable or have experience in areas of mental health and intellectual disabilities
- you have a valid driver’s license
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP
Start Date: ASAP
Benefits (if applicable):
- 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- Employee & Family Assistance plan
- Pension plan
- Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: Friday, November 10, 2023
How to apply: Please fill out the application form and attach your resume and cover letter to Andrea Dewolff at email@example.com